Westhoughton Golf Club
In 2005 the course was extended to 18 holes.
The course retains much of the character of the original nine holes insofar that it is a flat parkland course of just under 6000 yards with accurate driving at a premium.
It is a challenging test of golf with the new front nine holes being an open scenic layout with superb greens.
The back nine holes - the original course - are much tighter holes with tree lined fairways and with equally superb greens.
The Club House has excellent catering and bar facilities and both visitors and societies are most welcome.
Please check our link above for information on special offers and booking details.
- Par 5 6th hole protected by pond
- tree lined 15th you need to be straight
- For details of Society Packages and prices please contact the Golf Club.
- Opening Times:
- Open daily through daylight hours with visitors welcome weekdays & Saturday by prior arrangement.
Sundays is competition day.
- Visitors Info: Visitors welcome. Please contact the club for details of current rates, 2-4-1 offers etc.
- Societies Info: A range of Society packages available. Tuesday mornings are reserved for Ladies use.
- Minimum Handicap:
- Total Number of Holes: 18
- Golf Shop: No
- Clubhouse Refreshments: Yes - Licensed
- Powered Karts Allowed: Yes
- Tuition Available: Yes
- Practice Facilities: Putting Green, Nets, pitching Green, practice field for short irons.
- Memberships: A range of membership options are available - see website.
FROM THE NORTH- Come off the M61 at Junction 6 and take the 3rd exit off the roundabout and keep in the LH lane.
At the next roundabout take the 1st exit onto the A6.
Travel along the A6 through two sets of traffic lights and at the 3rd set of lights turn right into Church Road.
Drive all the way down Church Road (approx. 1.5 miles) to the next set of traffic lights (to your right you will see a church and directly opposite the lights you will see Block Buster Video Shop).
Turn right into School Street and drive along the country lane (approx. 1 mile) into the club car park.2.
FROM THE SOUTH - Come off theM61 at Junction 5 and take the 1st exit onto Snydale Way (Dual Carriageway) and keep in the LH lane.
At the next roundabout - still in the LH lane - take the 2nd major exit into Park Road.
Drive along Park Road until the traffic lights at the T junction at Leigh Road - keep to the right hand lane onto Cricketers Way.
Get into the LH lane after the lights and drive to the end of Cricketers Way - through 2 sets of traffic lights .
After the 2nd set of lights move across to the RH lane.
At the next set of traffic lights turn right onto Wigan Road.
Aprrox 200 yards turn left at the next set of traffic lights into School Street and drive along the country lane (approx. 1 mile) into the club car park