Its principal, Tara Prior, an Associate of the National Association of Teachers of Dancing, has been teaching all forms of dance for many years.
The School was founded over 41 years ago by the late Stephanie Prior. Tara took on the school in 2005, and since then it has grown and gone from strength to strength.
Tara provides first class teaching and opportunities for everyone from the age of 18 months, her 'Mini Movers'. She teaches a combination of skills which allows the students to experience technique with creativity, producing work of a very high standard.
She believes the key to the success of the school is giving her students what they want, but at the same time, making it fun and enjoyable.
She prides herself with the fact of knowing everyone who crosses the threshold of the school by their first name. Everyone who joins us is welcomed with open arms and a huge smile!
There are a wide range of dances from which to choose, and for all ages and abilities.
Tara has classes in Ballet, Freestyle Disco, Traditional and International Rock and Roll, Street Dance and Hip Hop, Lyrical, Contemporary, Ballroom and Latin American, Tap, Musical Theatre, Vocal Coaching and 'West End' Jazz. She is also qualified to teach a great, new, dance/fitness programme 'FitSteps'®
She also helps many people who want to learn a dance for their wedding, party, special anniversary and other similar events.
The school operates from premises with three fully equipped, studios - 120sqm, 90sqm and 65sqm, located close to the town centre. Other amenities include a coffee lounge, male and female changing with baby change facilities and warm reception area.
All teachers at the school are C.R.B. (Criminal Records Bureau) checked and the school is registered with CDET, The Council for Dance Education and Training.
- 2013 - Performing at The Gordon Craig Theatre, Stevenage.
- 2010 - Performing at DisneyLand Paris
- Please call or use our 'contact form' on the website for prices.
- Opening Times:
- Please see our website for details.
Every 18 months, the school performs at a local theatre. This years' two performances of the show, 'Movin' On Up' were at the Gordon Craig Theatre, Stevenage in front of an audience of over 950.
"After Disney and the last show, we did not think it could get any better but Sunday was AMAZING; it brought tears to our eyes. Can't wait to see the DVD and watch it all again"
The show was brilliant, so well choreographed, the costumes and colours wonderful.
The teamwork of your girls and boys is superb I know that you and they have spent months working on this show; I can assure you it shows.
Your dance routine was great I am sure that everyone at the school thought that one day they may be able to dance like Tara".
"Just wanted to say many congratulations to you and all those behind the scenes for an absolutely superb show! I wish I could have been in the audience for all the performances. No one watching could have any doubts that their children are at the right dance school!! My kids had a brilliant time"
"Just wanted to congratulate you on an amazing show - when we watched it last night it was spell binding ... all the performances were great and the production was so professional - we all definitely felt as though we were watching a West End production".
"How good was the show, I laughed and cried, danced and cheered.. It was absolutely fantastic."
- Types of Dance Taught: Freestyle, Ballroom, Latin, Street, Hip-Hop, Tap, Lyrical, Ballet, Contemporary, Zumba, FitSteps, Vocal coaching
- RAD Registered: No
- ISTD Qualified Instructor(s): Yes
- NDTA Registered: No
- SOBHD Member: No
- SDTA Member: No
- UKA Qualified: No
- Adult Classes: Yes
- Childrens Classes: Yes
- Minimum Age: 18 months for our 'Mini Movers'
A few years ago we relocated to new premises in Lumen Road Industrial Estate, Lumen Road, Royston, Hertfordshire SG8 7AF.
The building is on the right as you enter the estate and is on the site of the former Royson Fan Co. It has been completely renovated to offer its' clients superb facilities.
There is on site parking and some availability in Lumen Road.
Royston rail station is an eight minute walk.
- The Studio - CT, Royston (approx. 3 miles)
- The Jandor School Of Dancing, Cambridge (approx. 13 miles)
- Honey'z School of Performing Arts, Cambridge (approx. 13 miles)
- Sophie Edwards School of Dance, Hertford (approx. 17 miles)
- Ladybird Borland's School Of Dance, Willingham (approx. 18 miles)
- Stage Stars Theatre Academy, Huntingdon (approx. 19 miles)
- The Park School of Dance, Bedford (approx. 19 miles)
- Rayners, Luton (approx. 20 miles)
- Illusions Dance Academy, Epping (approx. 24 miles)
- Highstone Dance Academy, Barnet (approx. 27 miles)