The George Hotel
Whether your planning a grand celebration or a small gathering of close friends we will make sure this event is one to remember.
Civil ceremonies can be held in a number of locations, from the grand Ballroom to our garden Pavilion.
The recently renovated Ballroom can cater up to 200 guests, and has fabulous views of the gardens and River Tees.
All bedrooms are en-suite and have recently been refurbished.
Enjoy the superb views from your bedroom, with the peace and tranquillity of the rural setting.
For further information please see our link above or the contact details below.
- River Views
- Can be found inside our wedding menu booklet, please see contact details to request a copy.
- Opening Times:
- We are open from 12 noon - onwards and serve food between 12pm and 9pm.
"Thank you to you and your staff for the wonderful wedding. The food was gorgeous and everything ran so smoothly. It was much appreciated."
Simon & Andrea September 08
"A big thank you to James and all the team for making our big day run so smoothly. It went so well, and everyone had a fabulous time. The Bridal Suite was absolutely amazing!"
Gemma & Martin June 09
- Ceremonies Performed: Civil Wedding Ceremonies
- Catering: Yes
- Party Sizes Accommodated: 200
- Accommodation Available: 30 ensuite bedrooms
- Photo Locations Available: gardens, ballroom, Cinderella staircase, bridal suite
- Specialisms: 16th century building, gorgeous gardens
- Restrictions: no lift
The George can be reached easily, by train, plane, bus and car.
Airport: Durham Tees Valley airport is only 15 minutes away
Train: Darlington train station is 15 minutes away
Car: We are situated in easy reach of the A1