My cakes are handmade using traditional recipes and methods. I only use wholesome, natural ingredients, including, where possible, eggs from our own hens or, if not available, fresh eggs direct from the local farm. I never use artificial flavours or preservatives.
My luxury fruit cakes contain apricots and pineapple, as well as the customary vine fruits, cherries, candied peel and almonds. The fruits are steeped for three days in French brandy - making them rich and moist. Your cake is then matured for a month making it firm enough to slice easily, without crumbling.
My chocolate cakes contain real Belgian chocolate giving them a rich, luxurious taste.
I also make a rich Madeira Sponge cake using a premium butter and a moist Carrot cake.
Each tier can be a different flavour catering for a variety of tastes.
Where extra portions are required "cutting cakes" can be supplied.
Every cake is made specifically for you, so I can tailor it to your exact requirements.
Decoration and Icing
Your cake is hand decorated and iced, using high-quality marzipan and sugarpaste icing, where appropriate.
I handcraft fine, realistic sugar flowers which are coloured and dusted to compliment your colour scheme. Many people have been tricked to believe they are real. The other advantage is that you have them to keep afterwards as a reminder of your special day or perhaps to give to the Mums as a lasting keepsake.
I also make beautiful beaded cake jewellery, using Swarovski crystals and beads to add that modern twist and a little sparkle.
I like to make your cake different to "the norm" by arranging the tiers interestingly or adding some piping detail; something to make your guests come up and have a look.
Your wedding cake can be classic and traditional or modern and stylish.
I also supply handmade cake toppers and side decorations (beaded horseshoes) if you have that special someone who is already making your cake.
After training in the art of making sugar flowers this small business was set up in 2004.
Based in a purpose built workshop on the borders of Warwickshire, Oxfordshire & Northamptonshire, I supply customers in the surrounding towns and further a field.
Delivery and set up at your venue can also be arranged.
I offer a no obligation consultation to discuss your requirements. I then contact you with a quotation and let you take it from there.
Please visit my website (see link above) to see some examples of my work. The cakes featured are obviously only mine and other brides ideas the aim is to make your special cake for your Wedding day.
Together we can create your perfect wedding cake.
- Where possible we use eggs from our own chickens, if unavailable we use fresh eggs from the farm in the village. All cakes are freshly made to order.
- I handcraft beautiful, fine realistic sugar flowers and incorporate Swarvovski crystals and beads into my work to give a modern twist.
- A mix of Cake jewellery and textured piping.
- Jazz, funky cake with Swarovski crystal top
- A peony made of sugar.
- Royal iced detail on Duet, a hexagonal cake
- Single tier wedding cakes start from £100.00, two tiers from £185.00, three tiers from £250.00. Prices are a guide and include standard decoration. As every Wedding cake is unique a quote based upon the work involved is calculated.
I offer a no-obligation consultation to discuss your requirements. I then contact you the next day with a quotation and let you take it from there.
- Opening Times:
- Based in a purpose built workshop at home appointments can be made to suit yourselves, including evenings and weekends.
"We've had a lot of complimentary comments about the cake, both its appearance and the cake itself - only today a couple called and mentioned it: real cake with real fruit and nuts. I think we get used to the bland, lifeless texture of bought cakes."
"Just to thank you so much for the lovely cake - it was much admired by everyone. I know you went to a great deal of trouble setting it up beautifully."
"The cake was fabulous, exactly what we had wanted. The football scarves were even mentioned in the wedding speeches! You did a fantastic job - thank you so much."
"What a fabulous cake! It looked beautiful and was absolutely delicious to eat too. We would not hesitate to recommend Creative Cakes."
"Just wanted to let you know, best chocolate cake we have ever tasted."
"Thank you so much for the beautiful cake. I am amazed at the reality of the flowers in the spray- they are so perfect I feel I want to smell them. The butterfly is also lovely. The cake is long gone but I have the decorations on display."
"Just wanted to say a huge thank you for the beautiful cake you made for our wedding day. Everyone thought it was fabulous! You have a great talent. Thanks once again"
- Traditional Cakes: Yes
- Alternative Cakes: Yes
- Allergies Catered For: Yes
- Cake Accessories: Yes
- Favours: No
- Cake Boxes: No
- Mail Oder: No
Fenny Compton is a 5 minute drive along the B4100 from Junction 12 of the M40. Based between Southam and Banbury the village can also be accessed from the A423. Please call for more detailed directions.
- HRH Big Cheese Cake Company, Banbury (approx. 3 miles)
- Kims cake gallery, Warwick (approx. 15 miles)
- Caramella Cakes Coventry, Coventry (approx. 17 miles)
- Jaynes Cakes, Coventry (approx. 18 miles)
- Cake cupboard of Nueaton, Nuneaton (approx. 25 miles)
- The Cake Box, Birmingham (approx. 26 miles)
- Cakes with Grace, Oxford (approx. 28 miles)
- CakeArt Creations, Atherstone (approx. 28 miles)
- Caroline's Cake Company, Birmingham (approx. 30 miles)
- Cakes By Barbara, Walsall (approx. 36 miles)