Designed by Peter Thomson, five-times Open Champion of the 1950s and 1960s, The Duke's was revised and renovated, with five completely new holes, by Tim Liddy in 2006. Tim's philosophy is one of allowing a golf course to 'grow out of the land' rather than be imposed upon it. The course now displays all the hallmarks of the great heathland courses of the early 1920s.
The Duke's was opened in July 1995 by HRH The Duke of York, Prince Andrew, who played an inaugural round with British Lions and Scottish Rugby Captain Gavin Hastings OBE.
- Panoramic views over St Andrews
- No 98 in Golf World's top 100 courses in the UK.
2009 Jan,Feb, Mar £55.
April - mid May £70
Mid May - Mid October £110
Mid Oct - Dec £55
- Opening Times:
Summer - 7.00am until dark
Winter - 8.00am until dark
- Visitors Info: Smart golfing attire Visitors welcome anytime
- Societies Info: Golf Days from 12 to 80 pax with catering in Clubhouse
- Minimum Handicap: None
- Total Number of Holes: 18
- Golf Shop: Yes
- Clubhouse Refreshments: Yes - Licensed
- Powered Karts Allowed: Yes
- Tuition Available: Yes
- Practice Facilities: Practise range off natural turf. Short game area.
- Memberships: Club (Restricted times) Full (No restrictions) Overseas
Craigtoun, St Andrews, KY16 8NS
* Once you are on the A91 road to St Andrews, you will come to the village of Guardbridge about 3 miles from St Andrews.
* After the village of Guardbridge take the first road on the right - sign posted Strathkinness/Craigtoun
* Go through the village of Strathkinness then go straight ahead at the junction towards Craigtoun Country Park
* At the next junction turn left sign posted Craigtoun/Dukes' Course
* The Duke's Course is ½ mile along the road on the right hand side