CATS College Cambridge
An individual approach
As every student is different, we tailor-make our education to suit their needs. Each student receives an individualised learning plan in their first week, supported by daily tutor meetings, weekly reviews and assessments and unlimited extra tuition when required. Many of our tutors are Oxbridge graduates, and they bring enthusiasm and experience to the college.
Excellent Higher Education advice
With an annual in-house university fair, attended in 2010 by over 30 universities, mock interviews, two full time HE staff and assistance throughout the UCAS process, CATS College students are ideally placed to enter the universities that are right for them. Despite being a non-selective college, in 2010 78% of CATS College A level students received offers from Times Top 30 universities.
Home from Home
As most students are full-time boarders, the pastoral provision in the college is high. Students have the choice of single or twin rooms, often en suite, and there are many extra-curricular activities to choose from every week, including trips, sports and social events. There is a high staff to student ratio in the boarding houses and each student sees their personal tutor every weekday.
Not your traditional boarding school
We prefer to treat our students as young adults. Outside their academic studies, we aim to give them responsibility to make their own choices. So we don't tell them what to wear, or what sports to play, or insist they join the Chamber choir - but we encourage them to make the most of the opportunities on offer, which most of them do, participating in the Student Council, running the college magazine, and helping to organise a whole range of college events. It's their college, after all.
"Students are benefiting from living in a college where staff are focused on promoting their success, meeting their needs and celebrating their achievements" - OfSTED 2010
- Medic Programme: a specialist programme for students aiming for medicine, vet studies or dentistry at university; find out more on our website.
- Generous academic scholarships for students of outstanding academic ability (must be fluent English speakers, IELTS 7.5 or higher equivalent)
- Wide range of extras
- Lecture hall
- Prices vary depending on the course and type of accommodation chosen. Fees start at £6250 for day pupils.
Please see the website above for more details.
- Opening Times:
- Term dates are on our website (see above).
The enquiries office is open all year, from 9.00am to 5.00pm weekdays.
- Pupil Gender: Co-educational
- Day / Boarding: Boarding, day and weekly boarding
- Religious Affiliation: non denominational
- Age Range: 14-20
- Curriculum(s) Followed: A levels, Pre-U, 1 yr GCSE, Foundation
- Specialisms: Medic Programme, Gifted & Talented, Art, English as a Foreign Language
- Admission Policy: Non selective
- Scholarships: Academic scholarships available
- Facilities: Fully equipped science labs, interactive whiteboards in classrooms, small classes, spacious art rooms and music facilities. All accommodation single or twin, with many ensuite. We use specialist sports facilities in Cambridge.
- Number of Pupils: 317
The school is right next to the Park Street public car park in Cambridge.
The nearest train station is Cambridge.
Follow signs to the Round Church once in Cambridge, as the school is on Round Church Street.
The postcode is CB5 8AD.
There is no parking in the school, please use the Park Street public car park.