Frilford Heath Golf Course
The three destinctive layouts differ significantly in character, and each have automated watering systmes to fairways, greens and tees. The 10th tees of the Red and Blue courses are adjacent to the clubhouse, thereby providing five convenient starting points.
The Club is situated in the heart of the Oxfordshire countryside with views to the Berkshire Downs and the Ridgeway and has excellent road and rail links with the M40 and A 34 to the North and South. Being truly inland heathland courses, the sandy subsoil ensures the courses are rarely affected by heavy rainfall, a great incentive for coporate golf days and other visitors to the club.
The quality of the courses attracts top amateur field in competitions organised by The Royal and Ancient, English Golf Union, British and English Ladies Golf Associations.
- 54 holes of championship golf
- Inland heathland course
- Green Fees - Summer 2009 - £69.00 green fee for the day during the week and £80.00 for the day at weekends.
- Opening Times:
- Open from 7:30 in the morning to late evening
- Visitors Info: Visitors are welcomed 7 days a week, with a handicap certificate
- Societies Info: Societies are welcome Monday to Friday
- Minimum Handicap: 28
- Total Number of Holes: 54
- Golf Shop: Yes
- Clubhouse Refreshments: Yes - Licensed
- Powered Karts Allowed: Yes
- Tuition Available: Yes
- Practice Facilities: 3 large practice areas, with practice net. No driving range
- Memberships: Memberships are available, please contact the office.
From the South/London, take the M40 exit at junction 8.
Head for the A34 and Newbury, exit at Marcham Road Interchange/Abingdon and take the A415 to Witney.
Through March at the traffic lights take the right turn onto the A338 towards Oxford.
The club is situated 1/2 mile down on the left.
From the North M40, take exit 9 onto the A 34 and exit again at Marcham Interchange.
By Rail - the club is equidistant between Oxford or Didcot rail station.
By Air - either London Heathrow or Birmingham airport.